Dan Tran wrote:

> Release plugin cannot proceed with snapshot dependencies including
> build plugin.
> The main rational is it want to guarantee the release code is
> producible.  Note snapshots
> can go away any time and it can have behaviors changed any time.
>
> -D

Yes that's right but this guarantee could be optional.
I think the person in charge while releasing know his job and this is not
going to blow everything up so This is him/her that decide whether the
release contains SNAPSHOT or not

I still think that checking maven plugins versions doesn't make sense
because once we make a release version you can see no jar file from any
maven plugin uin your release unless your project is a maven plugin project

for example, in our project we have a plugin for jaxb and it is a snapshot
version, I use this to create a xsd file each time I compile my project, why
do I need to comment this plugin during a release process because the
release plugin don't like that.

Thanks

-----
--