On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Albert Kurucz <albert.kur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Brian,
> Probably no one ever suggested that the corrupt artifacts should be
> fixed, because fixing is not even possible (every artifact must be
> signed by the creator).
> The question is whether you prefer the corrupt ones to be removed or
> just wait until they become obsolete and no one would care about that
> they stay or not (quantity or quality has the priority?).

To take this further you must define corrupt. If something is
demonstrated truly and completely broken and/or dangerous, it will be
removed immediately. If a pom is missing a dependency, that doesn't
qualify, it's up to the project to fix and produce a new release in
that case.

> The work on preventing the ugly ones from getting in I agree has the
> first priority.
> But will you address (and when?) this second most important task, the
> garbage collection?

We are actively working on technology to address this, expect details
in the near future. What do you mean by garbage collection?