On 25/09/2009, at 2:25 AM, jemmer wrote:

brettporter wrote:

If you are building all of the modules of the project, won't "mvn
install" from the root work?

We could run an *additional* "mvn install" to build and install everything, including the master pom, but the attraction of using the reactor plugin is that it determines what needs to be built. I'm trying to avoid having to
run an additional command.

Ok, I see what you mean. The parent project should be treated like any other dependency and included - can you report that against the reactor plugin in JIRA?

Have you tried using the equivalent built in functionality in Maven 2.1+?

- Brett