>From each module there will be one main artifact, ie a jar. Sometimes
there can be multiple artifacts, like javadoc or sources. If you say
that your ant script generates multiple jars, you will need to have
multiple modules. That can be child-parent relation, or just a
aggregator pom.

Child parent relation:
Each module has a section <parent> which point to a pom with shared
configuration and/or dependency(management).

Aggregator pom:
You have multiple modules in subdirectories. You create a pom file
with the modules tag to kick of all the builds with one command.

These strategies can be combined. Your parent pom can also be your
aggregator pom.

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~