Test case attached in root.7z

Adrian.

Adrian Herscu wrote:
Hi all,

I have the following multi-project structure:

root
+my-maven-plugin
+my-component

My component requires my Maven plugin in order to build. Hence it declares:
  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.foo</groupId>
        <artifactId>my-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <extensions>true</extensions>
      </plugin>

After deleting the org/foo hive in my local repository I ran mvn -o validate on the root and got:
[INFO]
NOTE: Maven is executing in offline mode. Any artifacts not already in your local repository will be inaccessible.

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   root
[INFO]   my-maven-plugin
[INFO]   my-component
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Plugin could not be found - check that the goal name is correct: System is offline.

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.foo -DartifactId
=my-maven-plugin -Dversion=1.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=maven-plugin
 -Dfile=/path/to/file

Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there: mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.foo -DartifactId=my-maven-plugin -Dversion=1.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=maven-plugin -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  org.foo:my-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT
  org.foo:my-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT

Shouldn't it build my-maven-plugin before?!
Adrian.