Hi all,

I 've got a pom type parent project which includes 4 modules (child
projects)

Each module produces a jar file and during the deployment phase the
maven-dependency-plugin unpacks it to a specific location (the
dependency:unpack goal is called indirectly from my own custom plugin).

At the 2nd dependency:unpack call (module2) build fails with error message:

Error configuring: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin. Reason:
ERROR: Cannot override read-only parameter: local in goal: dependency:unpack

My understanding is that the read-only parameter "local" (which I dont
use/set it) is initialised by the 1st dependency:unpack call (in module1).
Therefore the 2nd dependency:unpack invocation fails because the "local"
parameter is already set.

Do you know if this is a bug or a problem on my side? How can I fix it?

The mave-dependency-plugin version is 2.1

The flow of the build is as follows:

> clean deploy
[module1:clean]
[module1:deploy]
[module1:myplugin:mygoal] --> calls indirectly dependency:unpack using
@execute lifecycle="my-lifecycle" phase="deploy"
[module2:clean]
[module2:deploy]
[module2:dependency:unpack] --> --> calls indirectly dependency:unpack using
@execute lifecycle="my-lifecycle" phase="deploy" but build fails

The custom lifecycle xml is :
<lifecycles>
    <lifecycle>
        <id>my-lifecycle</id>
        <phases>
            <phase>
                <id>deploy</id>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <goals>

<goal>com.mycomp.myapp:maven-my-plugin:get</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                    <execution>
                        <goals>

<goal>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:unpack</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <artifactItems>
                                <artifactItem>
                                    <groupId>${deployedGroupId}</groupId>

<artifactId>${deployedArtifactId}</artifactId>
                                    <version>${deployedVersion}</version>

<classifier>${deployedClassifier}</classifier>
                                    <type>${deployedType}</type>

<overWrite>${deploymentOverwrite}</overWrite>

<outputDirectory>${deploymentFolder}</outputDirectory>
                                </artifactItem>
                            </artifactItems>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>