Ever run into a problem where the snapshot used isn't the most recent?
 Any idea what could cause that?

I have a build that depends on a snapshot on someone else's
repository.  I use nexus so all are proxied through and the snapshot
repositories are setup in nexus.

when I built, the dep in target/deps was from 10/12 when a 10/14 was
available.  When I looked at the local repository I saw that the 1012
version matched the 1012 instead of the 1014.

 foo-client-1.7-20091014.053423-1155.jar
 foo-client-1.7-20091012.220529-1146.jar
 foo-client-1.7-SNAPHOT.jar

After clearing the local repository the problem is gone, but I'm
concerned that I have a general problem leading to improper snapshot
resolution.

So, I believe that when maven resolves the dependency for a snapshot,
it creates the  foo-client-1.7-SNAPHOT.jar using the latest after
downloading.
- What could be causing this to stick?
- Where should I start looking?

I could have issues with my hudson slave, the foreign repository, my
nexus proxy or the foo-client pom.  My pom is pretty simple and
defines the dependency with some exclusions beneath it.  The other
issue is that since I'm on windows some process could lock the file
preventing proper update, but I'd expect that to cause a build error.

If anyone has seen sticking snapshots or bad snapshot resolution,
please let me know.  Thanks for the help

Any ideas?
--
Peter Kahn
citizenk...@gmail.com