We're using it at my workplace.  We have our own "released' version just to
stop the plugin update check from happening so frequently.

I think the plugin is strong for creating javascript artifacts and keeping
them separate.  If you pair it with the jetty-maven-plugin, you can get away
with a pure-javascript-development environment pretty easily.  We do not use
the jsunit integration, and I would recommend only reserving that for
integration testing, as the bootstrap to start a browser can be slow.

The minification/combination of artifacts is great.  We're using maven to
manage 4 different JS libraries and combine them all in our final product.

Hope that helps!
- Josh