Wow.. That link is really an interesting revelation to me... The crazy
thing is that nowhere in the output does it say that it's excluding
those jars. In fact, it just lists them as if they ARE included just
like that other jars...

But that link is only about Eclipse. What I don't understand is why
wouldn't it be on the classpath for command-line compilation... Is
there another line like that 'if' statement somewhere else forcing
maven to exclude those jars from the classpath? There must be, right?

I guess, since we are using our own archiva, I can just rename them
and reimport them to archiva using a different name... "by any other
name it's just a sweet?" :-)

Thanks,
Yaakov.