Hi,

I discovered some problems especially with tagging with this structure.

The best way I came to till now is to make a further multi-module-pom
above all the modules, which only

- specify scm settings
- include one multi-module pom which includes all the others
(myapp-parent in your case if it includes the other ones)

The way to the further pom mainly resolves from the disability to edit
the pom with eclipse without checking out the whole tree.

So the structure I use is

pom.xml (multi-module, include only the app-modules)
-- app-modules
-- -- pom.xml (include module1, module2)
-- module1
-- -- pom.xml
-- module2
-- -- pom.xml

I tried to start the release-plugin from the folder above the modules
and specify the pom as app-modules/pom.xml but it seems that the
release-plugin is not able to work with it - so I added the
top-level-pom.

Regards Michael