Niall Pemberton wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 9:03 PM, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi Niall,
>>
>> Niall Pemberton wrote:
>>
>>> Merci Beaucoup - thats fixed it. Still not sure why it just started
>>> happening though.
>> It seems the version of the plugin is not locked:
>
> We had it specified in the <reporting> section, but not
> <pluginManagement> - adding it to <pluginManagement> (without the lang
> dependency) does seem to fix it. Don't know why this matters in 2.1+
> and why a <reporting> plugin  needs it - perhaps because the site
> plugin is a *specical citizen* in Maven2

There is no special handling of the site plugin. It should be noted
though that the Site Plugin is a build plugin and not a reporting
plugin. So it needs to be configured in the <build> section of the POM,
that can be seen here:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/plugin-info.html

> Anyway, I'll update the pom
>
> Thanks
>
> Niall
>
>> ============ %< =============
>> ~/src/Commons/proper/beanutils $ mvn versions:display-plugin-updates
>> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
>> [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'versions'.
>> [INFO]
>> [INFO] Building Commons BeanUtils
>> [INFO]    task-segment: [versions:display-plugin-updates]
>> [INFO]
>> [INFO] [versions:display-plugin-updates {execution: default-cli}]
>> [INFO]
>> [INFO] All plugins with a version specified are using the latest versions.
>> [INFO]
>> [WARNING] The following plugins do not have their version specified:
>> [WARNING]   maven-resources-plugin ...................... (from super-pom)
>> 2.2
>> [WARNING]   maven-site-plugin .................... (from super-pom)
>> 2.0-beta-5
>> [INFO]
>> [INFO]
>>
>> Nevertheless strange, since it should have inherited the version from the
>> parent. With Maven 2.1.0 you get the same result. However, for Maven 2.0.10
>> the site plugin seems suddenly locked. Maybe a regression in Maven 2.1.x
>> and upwards ??
>>
>> - Jörg

Dennis Lundberg