add a second goal

the first goal will store some thread completion object in MavenSession or
in a Class level static field

When all threads are finished the completion object will be updated by the
last thread

The second goal blocks until the completion object is completed.

Then add the second goal execution to your project at the appropriate phase
where you need the execution to have completed...

for example if you start the threads in the process-sources phase, you might
be happy to let them run in the background until the test phase has
completed, but they must be finished by the time the package phase runs, so
I would bind your execution of the second goal to the test phase

-Stephen