Hi all,

Well, I tried to find a clear title. But it wasn't so simple :-). So I'll
describe my question below.
This is more a best practice question than a feasibility one. In fact, we
already use but feel not sure if this is correct.

We have a multimodule project that contains some modules.
Something like :

multimodule project (with unique version for all artefacts parent and
children) :
parent-pom
    project1/
    project2/ (depends on project1)
    project3/
    project4/

Then we have projects that :

   - use some of the projects above.
   - always inherit the parent-pom above that defines a dependencyManagement
   block

The question is :
Is there a problem to put project1, project2... in the parent-pom
dependencyManagement block of the parent-pom project ?

I think this could create kind of circularity (I know this is not a real
dependency). In fact, this would make project1,2... depend on parent-pom.
And in turn, parent-pom would kind of know those projects inside the depMgmt
block.

Do you see a problem doing that?

I hope I'm being clear.

Thanks for any answer.