Using Nexus already. Any advices what needs to be configured (differently)?
Currently in .m2/settings.xml a nexus repository is configured to be mirror
of central, while another project specific repository (group) is defined in
projects aggregator/parent pom.

Nevertheless, dependencies report plugin messes up metadata in my local
repository. It seems to query directly (not via repository manager) all the
repositories (project's own and from dependencies) for existence of
dependencies on them (hanging build, single very small module took about
18min to build a site with only project info reports - index, summary,
dependencies, dependency convergence, dependency management, and plugin
management reports); temporary workaround was to set
dependencyLocationsEnabled to false.

Not sure why does dependencies report plugin even use these repositories
defined in dependencies pom's; I'm guessing because of transitive
dependencies, as they probably might be resolved from repository defined in
dependency. Since build of a module wouldn't pass validate phase if
dependencies weren't resolved, IMO it would be more efficient if
dependencies report instead of querying repositories again would just reuse
dependency resolution info, from where given dependency was resolved from,
assuming these info are available and shareable between dependency plugin
and dependencies report plugin. If it's not available and/or shareable, then
maybe dependencies report could just use same strategy to resolve
dependencies location as dependency plugin uses to resolve dependencies,
instead of "query all repositories" strategy.

Regards,
Stevo.