Frederic Gedin wrote:

Hi

Is there any good reason for having the jar:jar depend on test:test?
The problem I have with that is that, even if I make a very little change and want to check it on the application, I need to have the whole unit test suite executed for nothing. In addition, I can't get the jar file if all the tests do not succeed which is not very convenient on a developing phase. On the other way, I can accept the responsibility of ensuring that my test suite is fully executed before releasing the application jar file.

I have the same comment regarding the site goal which will rerun all the tests, the coverage and so on even though nothing has changed.

A very convenient feature should be to have some tunable which will allow me to execute a goal event if some of the dependencies have not been verified. An other solution should be to have some persistence on goals state, for example do not rerun the unit test suite if no source file has changed.

Regards

Frédéric

Try setting the property maven.test.skip=true to skip running the tests and maven.test.failure.ignore=true to ignore failures in testing. Documented on the test plugin page http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/test/properties.html

--
Erik Husby
Team Lead for Software Quality Automation