Nexus has a Purge Snapshots job you can schedule. It is pretty flexible.
You can decide how many snapshots you wish to keep around. Ideally, you
should normally only need the latest, but on the rare occasion you may
want to point to an older one. In our environment, the job runs every
night and only leaves the last 2 snapshots. Although we are now
considering only keeping the latest since I don't think anyone has ever
wanted to point to the second latest.

---
Todd Thiessen