Hello all,

I'm trying to use a different (older) jdk for one of my projects and I've
made changes to my pom.xml and the settings.xml in my M2_HOME folder (under
conf not the repository folder).

Unfortunately when I do a build it throws "Failure executing javac,  but
could not parse the error:
[ERROR]The system cannot find the path specified."

Heres my pom.xml

    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <verbose>true</verbose>
                    <fork>true</fork>
                    <executable>${JAVA_1_4_HOME}\bin\javac
                    </executable>
                    <compilerVersion>1.4</compilerVersion>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>

And the corresponding entries in settings.xml for JAVA_1_4_HOME :

    <profile>
          <id>compiler</id>
            <properties>
              <JAVA_1_4_HOME>E:\j2sdk1.4.2_19</JAVA_1_4_HOME>
            </properties>
    </profile>

  <activeProfiles>
    <activeProfile>compiler</activeProfile>
  </activeProfiles>

I think maven is unable to read these new entries in settings.xml do I have
to reload this file ?

Any pointers are much appreciated.

Thanks-
Askar