Hi,

i'm trying to figure out how can i create a working executable JAR that has
dependencies
(in-house maven projects plus external lib such as Log4J).

I tried using the assembly plugin by creating a "jar-with-dependencies".

but this creates a big JAR with all the dependencies included.

I want to be able to install commons dependencies in a commons directory
(/usr/lib/maven-projects/ for e.g.),
and that every project that depends on them can use them.

What should i do in the pom file of the infrastructure project and the
project that depends on it?

i've read almost all the complete "maven-definite-guide", but didn't find a
concise answer...

thanks,
--
Eyal Edri