Hi Graham,

The extension for the assembly is configured with the <format> element of the assembly descriptor. There are only a couple of supported formats. My guess is that you'd have to write a custom Archiver to get a different extension, but haven't looked under the hood of the assembly plugin to know for sure.

More information is here:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly.html#class_assembly

Joe Hindsley

Graham Charters wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to create a zip file using the assembly plugin, but I'd
like it to have a different extension (not .zip).  I've tried using
<finalName/>, but that still insists on giving the file the .zip
extension.

Is this possible using the assembly plugin, or should I be using something else?

Many thanks for any help.

Regards, Graham.