Hi Ludwig,

I would recommend putting those directories and files in the src/main/webapp directory. The maven war plugin puts everything under src/main/webapp into the base of the war.

In your case:

src/main/webapp/external-resource.jpg
src/main/webapp/image2/external-resource2.jpg

would give you the war layout:

./external-resource.jpg
./image2/external-resource2.jpg

Hope this helps,

Joe Hindsley

Ludwig Magnusson wrote:
The first example on this page
<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/examples/adding-filtering-
webresources.html>
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/examples/adding-filtering-w
ebresources.html says that resources outside the src folder will be placed
in the root of the war

Ex, with this filestructure:

|-- pom.xml

|-- resource2

|   |-- external-resource.jpg

|   `-- image2

|       `-- external-resource2.jpg

//more structure

And this configuration of the war-plugin

<configuration>
  <webResources>
    <resource>
      <!-- this is relative to the pom.xml directory -->
      <directory>resource2</directory>
    </resource>
  </webResources>
</configuration>

The war file will be structured like this:

//more structure

|-- external-resource.jpg
|-- image2
|   `-- external-resource2.jpg

Is it possible to structure the war-file like the original filestructure?

I.e having all the extra resources in the resource2-folder, and that folder
in the root of the war-file?

/Ludwig