In general, no. There is today no way of unbinding a plugin bound to a
phase. But you can always add an extra binding of your choice.
However, some plugins have a parameter that makes the plugin skip its
execution. Close to what you want to accomplish, but not as clean. For the
deploy plugin, that parameter is called 'skip':
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/deploy-mojo.html#skip
So you need to add this configuration for the deploy plugin in your pom (put
it under pluginManagement/plugins/plugin/...).

/Anders