I am trying to include several jars into my war file's WEB-INF/lib directory.
They are set to the default scope, which I believe is "compile".  The build
runs without errors but only one is included in the resulting war.  Is there
something similar to <webModule> or <ejbModule> I should be using?  My
understanding is that intransitive dependencies would be included when their
scope is "compile", and any transitive dependencies would be subject to the
rules of the table shown here:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html

a subset of the dependencies....
<dependencies>
        <!--Axis2 Jars-->  *INCLUDED CORRECTLY
        <dependency>
                <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>
                <artifactId>axis2</artifactId>
                <version>1.3</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency> *NOT INCLUDED
                <groupId>org.apache.ws.commons.axiom</groupId>
                <artifactId>axiom-api</artifactId>
                <version>1.2.5</version>
        </dependency>
</dependencies>

and the build....
<build>
        <plugins>
                <plugin>
                        <version>2.1-alpha-1</version>
                        <configuration>
                                <webResources>
                                        <webResource>

<directory>${basedir}/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF</directory>
                                                <includes>

<include>components.xml</include>

<include>pages.xml</include>
                                                </includes>