Hello,

For my portal I'm going to write various web-application and I want them to
reuse various libraries provided by my portal server. All the webapp project
have the same parent. In order to prevent the webapps to include the dependency
in the WEB-INF\lib, I wan't to configure a rule in the parent pom, where I ban
some library (log4j:log4j). The webapp are allowed to use the dependency, but
only when the scope is set to provided.

I tried the bannedDependency configuration like this:

<bannedDependencies>

  <searchTransitive>true</searchTransitive>

  <excludes>

    <exclude>log4j:log4j</exclude>

  </excludes>

  <includes>

    <include>log4j:log4j:*:provided</include>

  </includes>

</bannedDependencies>

That doesn't work, because when I build a webapp with the log4j dependency on
compile scope, the enforcer plugin doesn't cause my build to fail, which I
would like it to.

Any suggestions how to handle this?

With kind regards,
    Marco