I'm confused here. The docs
http://mojo.codehaus.org/tomcat-maven-plugin/usage.html state that the
default context is
Context path of /${project.build.finalName} if no explicit one is given.

In my war pom I have:

<artifactId>dataselector-web</artifactId>

but I later have

<build>
     <finalName>dataselector</finalName>

The war builds fine to the name "dataselector.war" and I can manually
deploy it just fine, yet when I try to use the tomcat plugin it tries
to deploy to the context dataselector-web which is the artificatId and
not the finalName.

What did I do wrong? I don't mind declaring the name in the tomcat
module config but all the examples I see show a hardcoded path for the
context. I dont' want to to hardcode that context path (eg
/Users/rick/tomcat/webapps/dataselector )

--
Rick R