> I've set up the jpackage repo on my server.
>
> i don't quite understand how this helps me install the production system.
> ok, i can now install various java pkg and maven pkg from the jpackage repo,
> but i will have the artifactory for that (after maven will be installed).
>
> does jpackage servers another purpose other than being an updated yum
> repository for java pkgs?

A question for the jpackage user list but some answers here :

- consistent filesystem structure (convention instead of configuration)

- of course regular updates

If you wonder about replicable installation processes, you spoke about
doing your own RPMs, jpackage will probably help you to mimic
configuration on all your machines/vm.