Hi all,
        I debugged through
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver  (see the snippet
of code where it searches the maven-parent in localrepo then goes for wagon
to download it from remote )and found that *destination *has value "*
\org\apache\maven\maven-parent\11\maven-parent-11.pom* "  and *
desitnation.exist()* has *false *value and force is *false *already.

Since maven-parent is already present into my localRepo it(*
desitnation.exist()*) should return *true* and then it shouldn't go for
remote repo( central) to download it from there.

         * if ( !destination.exists() || force )*
            {
                if ( !wagonManager.isOnline() )
                {
                    throw new ArtifactNotFoundException( "System is
offline.", artifact );
                }

                try
                {
                    // TODO: force should be passed to the wagon manager
                    if ( artifact.getRepository() != null )
                    {
                        // the transformations discovered the artifact - so
use it exclusively
                        wagonManager.getArtifact( artifact,
artifact.getRepository() );
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        wagonManager.getArtifact( artifact, repositories );
                    }

                    if ( !artifact.isResolved() && !destination.exists() )
                    {
                        throw new ArtifactResolutionException(
                            "Failed to resolve artifact, possibly due to a
repository list that is not appropriately equipped for this artifact's
metadata.",
                            artifact, getMirroredRepositories(
remoteRepositories ) );
                    }
                }
                catch ( ResourceDoesNotExistException e )
                {
                    throw new ArtifactNotFoundException( e.getMessage(),
artifact,

getMirroredRepositories( remoteRepositories ), e );
                }
                catch ( TransferFailedException e )
                {
                    throw new ArtifactResolutionException( e.getMessage(),
artifact,

getMirroredRepositories( remoteRepositories ), e );
                }

                resolved = true;
            }
*            else if ( destination.exists() )
            {
                // locally resolved...no need to hit the remote repo.
                artifact.setResolved( true );
            }

  *can you please point why this is returning as false even if i have
correct destination value
*(\org\apache\maven\maven-parent\11\maven-parent-11.pom
*)

thanks,
amaresh
*