Hi,

In preceeding Maven version, there was a way to build and initiate a local
repository via the CLI :

%MAVEN_HOME%\bin\install_repo.bat %HOME%\.maven\repository

And this command created a repository and loaded some core xxxx.jar

By now, when I unzip maven2, under \bin I don't find any more a script to
build a local repository.

Looking at the Maven doc, I found I have to use Nexus ?!? Why not, but it's
a so different way to build a local repository !

And, on Nexus site, I found either to buy Nexus pro !!! or use m2eclipse ;
why should I use eclipe ??

Well, I'm lost.

Isn't it a simple way as before to build and initiate de local repository ?

Thanks for help