Hello,

I'm using the rpm plugin for creating rpms. One project is divided into 3 rpms, so I have a configuration like

<plugin>
 <configuration>
    <mappings> ... </mappings>
 </configuration>
 <executions>
   <execution> ...</execution>
 </executions>
</plugin>

There is 1 main configuration, and 2 separate ones in 2 executions.

The main configuration contains a <mapping> with a <softlinkSource> element. This is the only time this element appears in the whole pom.xml. Now what happens next is that the soft link will appear in all 3 rpms. I've debugged the source, and all 3 executions contain the <softlinkSource> element! It's not in the pom.xml, but somehow the xml is parsed so that the same element is added to all 3 executions.

The <softlinkSource> element will always get appended to the last <mapping> element. So if I have like:
<mapping>
  ... stuff 1
</mapping>
<mapping>
  ... stuff 2
</mapping>
<mapping>
  ... stuff 3
</mapping>

then in the mapping containing "stuff 3", there will also be a <softlinkSource>.

How to make it run normally? Why is this happening in the first place?

Thanks, Csaba