Tests (and test resources) from one module do not propagate to other
modules.  You say you have a dependency on it, how did you specify this?

I can think of a couple ways of doing this.  One, make a jar of your dao
tests and then depend on this with test scope in the other module.  Second,
make a third module that has these test resources, then unpack where they
need to go.

-Dave