I don't agree with the conception that uber (or fat) jar is the way to go.
IMO, you loose all the advantages maven dependency supplies if you do so (as
i mentioned, you need to install all your application in case you change one
line of code in one of your infrastructure jars..)

i know maven isn't supposed to be used for deployment, but with a little
open mind and flexibility, it can be done.

--
Eyal Edri