The Sonatype blog republished a tip from October 2009 in their best of series
(see
http://www.sonatype.com/people/2009/10/maven-tips-and-tricks-grouping-dependencies/)
that didn't use scope import for specifying a POM dependency. I tried this
with 3.0 and it works and avoids the warning (see below).

The confusing thing is that the Maven documentation indicates that
scope=import should be used for POM dependencies (see
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html#Dependency_Scope).

Is this a case of using POM dependencies in dependencyManagement vs build?

-----

Blog:  http://gabe97330.begeddov.com Gabe's Groove

Twitter:  http://twitter.com/gabe97330 Gabe97330