On Sex, 29 Jan 2010, Christoph Kutzinski wrote:
The obvious counter question is:
Why do you want to do this? Why not just fix the compile errors?

To make a long story short: we received this project from another company, and we have to fix it and complete the parts that are missing.

We are doing this in incremental steps, naturally. Sometimes we make changes that break other parts of the project. For example, a method name may be changed. This will break everywhere that calls the method. This gets fixed in the parts that we are currently working on, but in other parts, we ignore them for now. When work is started on those parts, they'll have to get fixed.

It's true that in the end everything will have to compile without errors. But at this moment, we need the parts that are OK to be compiled, so that the application (it's a web application) can be run and those parts be tested. As for what's still with errors, they at the moment aren't being called. Naturally, if they were called, a run-time error would show up. That's OK by now.

I hope this clears up the reasons. I know it's a weird request, but this situation is not permanent. As the project progresses, this will simply not be necessary anymore.

--
You're being followed.  Cut out the hanky-panky for a few days.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
edua...@kalinowski.com.br