hello,

I have a custom repository layout (for maven3) and configure the
repository like this:

   <repository>
      <id>gemcutter</id>
      <releases>
        <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
        <checksumPolicy>ignore</checksumPolicy>
      </releases>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
      </snapshots>
      <url>http://www.gemcutter.org/gems</url>
      <layout>gem</layout>
    </repository>

with the checksumPolicy set to ignore I would expect that the whole
code about checksums get ignored but the maven output gives me:

Downloading: http://www.gemcutter.org/gems/ixtlan-0.2.3.gem
33 KB downloaded at 8.8 KB/sec
[WARNING] *** CHECKSUM FAILED - Checksum failed on download: local =
'724e4a26e46bc2d8927709482536184bdd3f447f'; remote = '<!DOCTYPE' -
RETRYING
Downloading: http://www.gemcutter.org/gems/ixtlan-0.2.3.gem

first there is this unexpected warning which I would expect with
checksumPolicy == warn and then maven tries to download the whole
thing again.

so is this a bug ?
if NOT which is the right place to customize for improving this
situation to deal with "repository" in a nicer way ?

thanx,
Kristian