On 15 February 2010 01:10, Ed Hillmann <ed.hillm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Stephen Connolly
> <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> eh can you not just type in the older version number while running the
>> release?
>>
>> afaik, it will accept any verion as the new version (even the previous
>> version)
>>
>> I think you are looking to make things more complex than they already are..
>>
>> But then IMHO I wouldn't do that unless you use a maven repository
>> manager with staging support and you have not promoted the staged
>> release.
>>
>> Once you have pushed the release version to the maven repository,
>> somebody will have downloaded locally that borked release... version
>> numbers are cheap, use another one
>>
>> -Stephen
> I didn't think just providing the older number would be enough.
> Primarily, would the tag fail because the the tag already exists?
> It's fairly easy to remove the tag from my svn repository, but it is a
> manual step.
>
> The release that was pushed out is only used internally here, so it's
> not like it went out to a public repository.

Does not matter, you can still end up with one developer using the
borked release artifact and spend ages trying to track down why things
just don't work on their machine.

> But, I did end up just
> making another release, using the next version number.  They are, as
> you say, cheap.

cheaper than chips! (as in proper chipper chips with lashings of salt
and vinegar... http://www.yelp.ie/biz/macari-take-away-raheny)