Collin Peters wrote:
At least I hope it is simple.  I am struggling trying to accomplish what I
thought would be a basic task

If I have four profiles: A, B, C, and D.  A should be active by default
unless B is active and C should be active by default unless D is active.  Is
this possible?

From what I understand <activeByDefault> profiles automatically deactivate
if one other profile is active.  So if I activate B, *both* A and C will
deactivate.

What I want to be able to do is to provide sensible defaults so developers
don't need to know which profiles to activate on their local boxes (since
99% of the time they don't need to activate any profiles).  However, the
above scenario is example of where this breaks down quickly.  Any pointers
would be appreciated
Why do you need to have 4 different profiles ?

Regards,
Tobias
Regards,
Collin Peters