thanks for the swift response.
First I also thought it's an Archiva issue, but basically Maven is talking
to the Repo Manager, right? So Maven defines the contract, and Archiva can
only respond to the contract.

We are still investigating the issue and try to reproduce different
scenarios.

For now, the question for us is whether Maven has the concept of
artifact-verification by using hash-codes at all.
Any input on this matter?