Hi Pankaj,

Pankaj Tandon wrote at Wednesday, 3. March 2010 14:32:

> Hi,
> I'm looking for a way to determine what artifacts are NOT in my corporate
> repository (for a certain maven project) so that I can script their
> addition to the corporate repository.
>
> So I started looking at the maven-dependency-plugin and was happy to see a
> goal called analyze that takes in a config param called outputXML. So that
> sounded just what I needed.
>
> But then I started looking closer and it seems that although the
> documentation of outputXML specifies "Output the xml for the missing
> dependencies", looking at the code (of
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/plugins/tags/maven-dependency-
plugin-2.1/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/dependency/AbstractAnalyzeMojo.java?view=markup
> AbstractAnalyzeMojo ), outputXML really outputs usedUndeclared
> dependencies

they are nor declared in the current POM, therefore they are missing.

> NOT missing dependencies.

this does not make sense, because to analyse the dependencies, they have to
be present. They *cannot* be missing in the repository.

> I think there is a distinction drawn between declared (in the POM) and
> missing (from the accessible repos) and it seems that outputXML only dumps
> the used-but-undeclared-in-pom dependencies.

Not for the plugin and its purpose here.

> My question is: Is there a way to dump (in XML preferably) the
> dependencies that are missing from accessible repositories? Maybe using
> some other plugin?

Every plugin, that requires dependency resolution from Maven, will cause the
Maven core to download the missing stuff. *If* something is missing, Maven
will report those all and stop with an error.

This might not be exactly what you're looking for though...

- Jörg