On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Matthias Hofmann <
matthias.hofm...@tu-dortmund.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> currently i am trying to get my Java program running outside of the
> Netbeans IDE. Within Netbeans, it works well, all dependencies are
> correctly loaded and executed.
> But if i try to run the program from the console with java -cp or java
> -jar, i get NoClassFoundDefError concerning the dependencies of the
> project.
>
> My pom.xml uses
>
> <plugin>
>                <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                <artifactId>maven-jar-plugin</artifactId>
>                <configuration>
>                    <archive>
>                        <manifest>
>                            <mainClass>...omitted...</mainClass>
>                            <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>

this willl just generate the relevant manifest entry, but will not ensure
that the jars are at the designated location at runtime. To get them there,
you could use the maven-assembly plugin, or you could merge all dependency
jars into the main jar using the maven-shade-plugin.

Milos