The embedder doesn't currently exist anymore. I'm remaking it so it's not there
to use. If the versions plugin doesn't do what you need internally it finds a
list of the versions so you can borrow it's code which will work in maven 2 or
maven 3. We've preserved the use of the old apis. The embedder is changing and
not stable right now.

On Mar 10, 2010, at 8:58 AM, xavier.seign...@gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks for the tips!
> But, I don't see how can I use the maven-version-plguin to get the list of
> all versions available of a given artifact.
> Can you indacate me how to do it?
>
> And I don't wan't to make my usage of Maven embedder dependent to Nexus
> (which is BTW a great tool).
>
> Thanks for your answers.
>
> Xavier
>
> Le , Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com> a écrit :
>> I suggest using the maven-versions-plugin:
>

>> http://mojo.codehaus.org/versions-maven-plugin/index.html
>

>> On Mar 10, 2010, at 6:39 AM, xavier.seign...@gmail.com wrote:
>

>> > Hello,
>
>> > I would like to know how to retrieve list of available versions of a given
>> > plugin with the maven embedder.
>

>> > In input I only have a groupId, an artifactId, a local repo and a list of
>> > remote repos.
>

>> > In output I would like to have a list containing all the available
>> > versions of the given artifact from the local repo or from the remote
>> > repos.
>

>> > Any idea?
>

>> > Regards,
>

>> > Xavier