stephenconnolly wrote:

> give each execution a different <id>
>
> and if you don;t want something inherited by child projects, set
> <inherited>false

Yup, we tried that.

Example :

<build>
<plugins>
  <plugin>
    <artifactId>maven-pmd-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>2.4</version>
    <executions>
      <execution>
        <id>pmd-default</id>
        <phase>generate-sources</phase>
        <goals>
          <goal>check</goal>
        </goals>
      </execution>
      <execution>
        <id>pmd-sonar</id>
        <phase>generate-sources</phase>
        <goals>
          <goal>pmd</goal>
        </goals>
      </execution>
    </executions>
  </plugin>
</plugins>
</build>

2 issues with that approach:

1. How do we tell maven which execution we want to run?

2. From what we understand you cannot just say <inherited>false</inherited>
in the child pom.xml, you would have to do something like,

<plugin>
 <artifactId>maven-pmd-plugin</artifactId>
 <inherited>false</inherited>
</plugin>

However, we still want our plugin to run in our child projects, just run
against a different goal based on question 1