Dear All,

I need to build a standalone executable jar and have the following
difficulties:

    * the app needs a bunch of classes from another module

    * the app needs classes provided by non-Maven jars

This leads me to these questions:

    (1) How can I include classes from other modules in my jar?

    (2) How can I add arbitrary jars, in arbitrary directories, to my
      Class-Path entry in my jar?

(1) has been my usual solution to the problem that classes cannot be
provided by jars inside jars, but if it's possible to include the
absolute paths to jars built by other modules that would probably be
ok.

(2) referencing those other jars by absolute path would be ok for
my purpose.

I guess my general question is: How do you build standalone executable
jars that don't depend on other jars moving along with them?

Best regards, Jan
 |             email: j....@uea.ac.uk                                 |
 |             WWW:   http://www.cmp.uea.ac.uk/people/jtk             |