Hi all,

I would like the ability to read the project's version number from pom in my
java code as I need to insert that version number in the text file I generate
as a result of my code. I am NOT writing a maven plugin but a standalone java
project that uses maven as a build/dependency system

At this point, I can only think of one way of doing that and that is using the
properties-maven-plugin to output the <properties> section from the pom into a
text file and in my <properties> seciton I reference the project's version as
${project.version}

Can you suggest or think of a better solution?

thanks

Shahzad Qureshi
Systems Analyst/Programmer
Applications Directorate | La direction générale des applications
Chief Information Officer Branch | Direction générale du dirigeant principal de
l'information
Environment Canada | Environnement Canada
shahzad.qure...@ec.gc.ca
Telephone | Téléphone 416-739-4702
Website | Site Web www.ec.gc.ca