I believe bound plugins are executed in the order they are declared. I would
assume that the effective-pom shows this. However, I think I rememeber an
earlier discussion about that this could depend on the version of Maven
you're using.
In any case, having two plugins requiring a specific execution order bound
to the same phase is not best-practise.
Also, a bash script is os dependent and wouldn't work on Windows for
instance. I would try to move to something platform independent.

/Anders