Well from more research it's seem to be an issue with parent poms I have in
my project. If I remove those parent pom, it goes as expect but with the
parent pom it doesn't.

I use the normal code snippet for the release plugin

            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.0</version>
                <configuration>
                    <tag>https://my.repo/svn/repos/scm_demo/release</tag>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

I am use the scm tag with the svn repo

    <scm>
        <connection>https://my.repo/svn/repos/scm_demo/release</connection>
        <<developerConnection>>https://my.repo/svn/repos/scm_demo/release
</<developerConnection>>
    </scm>

Beside that nothing very exotic, java 1.6_u18, a fresh maven 2.2.1 install.

Sadly, with the nature of the work, I can't release anymore info, nor those
parent poms...

Thanks for the help though!