Martin Gainty wrote:
> Good Evening Mr Cohen
>

> if you're a small shop  Maven  (or Ant) will satisfy your build needs
>
> if you're supporting an Enterprise Corporation with lots of codebases to
> merge and produce artifacts
> you'll want to look at using Continuous Integration tools such as
> http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/

Hah.  We're an afterthought - a small shop inside a mega-corporation
with few resources and too much red tape inherited from our parent.  Our
line of business gets good-corporate-citizen points for the megacorp so
we're not watched as closely as are other teams more closely associated
with the bottom-line.  But not many resources flow our way either.
We're a team that makes do with what we've got and on the positive side
have less interaction with the process police.