Ah. I misunderstood. I thought you meant it wouldn't pull in dependencies.

No, the repository only makes sense for things that can be dependencies, or are
used in building or deploying artifacts.

My two current projects are a cross-platform look and feel for Swing, and a
recipe program. The look and feel makes sense to have in a repository, but I
have no intention of ever deploying the recipe program. (In fact, I'm hoping to
sell it.)

But it would never go into a repository if you don't install it or deploy it.
Why would you do that? Why do you need an option to not put it into a
repository?

-K