Hi,
This question is regarding dependencies and how they are stored in repo1 AND
my corporate repo. There are projects that have just .pom files and no
corresponding jars. When I open up the pom file, I see a packaging a type
jar. Still.. no jar. Also there is no 'relocation' element specified.

For example, on http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/, I noticed that some versions
(of projects) contain jars and some do not. For instance:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/cobertura/cobertura/1.8/
has jars but

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/cobertura/cobertura/1.9rc1/
does not.
Just a .pom file exists.

Similarly, in my corporate repo, when I built my project, antlr was
downloaded. There is no direct dependency on antlr on my project, so I
suppose it was pulled in transitively. However, the repo is missing
antlr-2.7.6.jar. All it has is a antlr-2.7.6.pom (and a sha1 file). Note
however that repo1 for antlr 2.7.6 does have the jar!
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/antlr/antlr/2.7.6/

So what decides whether a jar is downloaded to my local repo (or corporate
repo) or just a .pom is downloaded.
Why do some projects have just .pom files and others have jars + .pom files?
And why did Antlr-2.7.6.jar not get downloaded to my corporate repo, instead
only antlr-2.7.6.pom was downloaded?

Thanks,
Pankaj