Hi All-

I am trying to perform a maven release by invoking the following:

mvn -B -s /my/alternate/maven2/home/settings.xml release:prepare
release:perform

The problem that occurs is during the deploy of the release artifact, it
seems it is not picking up the username/password in
/my/alternate/maven2/home/settings.xml--I get a 401 authentication error.
However, when I place settings.xml in the default location
($HOME/.m2/settings.xml), then the deploy works perfectly.  Does anyone know
how to get around this issue? or is there a newer release of the appropriate
plugin that does not have this problem?

Thanks,
David