> > However, it does only work on the 'main' branch.
> >

> What do you mean by "it only works on the 'main' branch? What are the
> limitations?

The mail you've found is old and I wrote it when I had just started to use
the release plugin with clearcase. Since then I've learned more on using
that combination as well as there has been new releases of the release
plugin as well as the scm parts.
So, it works on any branch, not just the main branch. (However, you cannot
make a branch.) As long as the view you're using is set up correctly, things
will work with the release plugin.

> > Some quick things:
> > * Create $user.home/.scm/clearcase-settings.xml containing
> > <clearcase-settings>
> >   <useVWSParameter>false</useVWSParameter>
> > </clearcase-settings>
> >

> I've created the clearcase-settings.xml file in %HOME% on my Windows
> machine. And because I found a post somewhere, where they've put it in a
> .scm directory, so I copied it there.
>
> But I keep getting the following error:
>
> [INFO] Unable to checkout from SCM
> Provider message:
> The cleartool command failed.
> Command output:
> cleartool: Error: Unrecognized command option: "-vws".
>
> I have the feeling that my settings file is ignored
> Do you have an idea how I should proceed?

Sorry, no. If the file is stored as $user.home/.scm/clearcase-settings.xml
it should be picked up. Are you sure it is in the right location (for the
right user)? Execute Maven in debug mode (-X) and possibly you could get
more info.
According to the doc, you could put the file in
$maven.home/conf/clearcase-settings.xml
as well. You could try that to get something working.
Here's the doc that's available:
http://maven.apache.org/scm/clearcase.html

/Anders