Hi. I have project whose structure is the following:
A (packaging: pom)
    A-core (packaging jar)
    A-maven-plugin (packaging maven-plugin)

pom.xml from A has this:
<build>
    <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <phase>package</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>aggregate</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <links>
                                <link>http://www.testng.org/javadocs/</link>
                                <link>http://www.dbunit.org/apidocs/</link>

<link>http://java.sun.com/javaee/6/docs/api/</link>
                            </links>
                            <show>private</show>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>
    </plugins>
</build>

Now when I invoke 'mvn clean package' I get this output:

$ mvn -v
Apache Maven 2.2.1 (r801777; 2009-08-06 21:16:01+0200)
Java version: 1.6.0_19

$ mvn -Dmaven.test.skip -Dquiet=true package
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   A
[INFO]   A Core
[INFO]   A Maven Plugin
[INFO]
[INFO] Building A
[INFO]    task-segment: [package]
[INFO]
[INFO] [site:attach-descriptor {execution: default-attach-descriptor}]
[INFO] Preparing javadoc:aggregate
[INFO]
[INFO] Building A
[INFO]
[WARNING] Removing: aggregate from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive
invocation.
[INFO] No goals needed for project - skipping
[INFO]
[INFO] Building A Core
[INFO]
[WARNING] Removing: aggregate from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive
invocation.
[INFO] No goals needed for project - skipping
[INFO]
[INFO] Building A Maven Plugin
[INFO]
[WARNING] Removing: aggregate from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive
invocation.
[INFO] No goals needed for project - skipping
[INFO] [javadoc:aggregate {execution: default}]
[INFO]
[INFO] Building A Core
[INFO]    task-segment: [package]
[INFO]
[INFO] [resources:resources {execution: default-resources}]
[INFO] Copying 1 resource
[INFO] [compiler:compile {execution: default-compile}]
[INFO] Compiling 58 source files to
C:\users\SR\Workspace\A\ACore\target\classes
[INFO] [resources:testResources {execution: default-testResources}]
[INFO] Copying 16 resources
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile {execution: default-testCompile}]
[INFO] Not compiling test sources
[INFO] [surefire:test {execution: default-test}]
[INFO] Tests are skipped.
[INFO] [jar:jar {execution: default-jar}]
[INFO] Building jar:
C:\users\SR\Workspace\A\ACore\target\a-core-0.9-SNAPSHOT.jar
[...]
[INFO] [plugin:descriptor {execution: default-descriptor}]
[INFO] Using 2 extractors.
[INFO] Applying extractor for language: java
[INFO] Extractor for language: java found 2 mojo descriptors.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error extracting plugin descriptor: 'Goal: generate already exists in
the plugin descriptor for prefix: generate
Existing implementation is: com.a.mojo.AGenerateMojo
Conflicting implementation is: com.a.mojo.AGenerateMojo'

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 10 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Apr 28 14:19:11 CEST 2010
[INFO] Final Memory: 28M/68M
[INFO]

I don't know why so many times the same projects are built and skipped.
Also, there is a build error. However, when I change the packaging type in
A-maven-plugin from 'maven-plugin' to 'jar', it builds fine and the
aggregated javadoc is created.

Is this a bug or something on my part? I don't want to run 'site' or
anything, I simply want an aggregated javadoc.

Regards,
wujek